Sunday, April 10, 2016

True Love

Is love enough for you???

Take a minute and think about it.  This is a good question to ponder because it forces you to really think about love. As I was thinking about this it forced me to recognize two things:

1. God's love is different from humanly love
2. Love is very complex

What I mean is this, my husband tells me he loves me. He provides for me, and we live together, and we coparent.  But, that's not enough for me. I require compassion, time, kind words, passion, romantic gestures, etc to feel love. This is what it takes for me to believe my husband loves me.

Now, I evaluated my relationship with God and found that I needed the same security to believe He loved me also. God's love is pure, He never fails to complement me, to think of me, and to let me know He cares. His love is so great that He doesn't even let my husband forget to do the same.

John 3:16, tells us that "God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten son".  That's  selfless, unashamed, agape love. And that is certainly enough for me.

Many times in this life we are so unsatisfied, but I encourage you to think on the love of Jesus, think about all that He's done and know that that's what true love looks like!!!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, questions, and/or comments.