Friday, April 1, 2016

I Love Him!!!

I often think about what it is I can write to you that will encourage you, console you, and help you stay on the right path.  I often get stuck because I feel like my words are inadequate, that they don't do God the justice He so deserves.  But as I was sitting here getting ready to go to bed, thinking about how I've wrote nothing and I got the overwhelming feeling to share what was in my mind.  I simply wanted to shout how much I love God!!!

So I'm doing just that. See He's working this thing out in me right before all of our very eyes. As much as I want to have it all together, the truth is I don't. I struggle everyday on how I can do more for Christ, on how I can make a difference in the Kingdom.   I'm starting to get the message that  God don't need me to prove anything to anybody. All He requires is that I live each day toward Him and that I put into practice those things He's outlined for us. Things like lovingkindness, gentleness, mercy, grace...  and of course the most important is that I have a relationship with Him.

Back to my reason for writing this post. I do truly love Him. I first loved God at a young age. Then I put that love away for awhile. Then I fell in love with Him again for keeping me, and answering my prayer for children. I later learned to trust Him for my marriage. I think this is where I learned sincere love. The love I had before was child like love. It was about what God did for me.  Later it became what He was to me. Or more to the point who I  was with Him.  I learned to lean on Him, talk to Him, and before long I realized I was in a full fledge relationship with Jesus. And it's been the best thing to ever happen to me. I tried the other way and I'm not gonna lie and say it wasn't fun, free, and invigorating. But... it was empty. It was moment to moment,  and there was nothing behind it.

With God I'm secure, my family is firm, and my faith is strong .  Life still has it's issues, that's life, but there is nothing like having an insurance plan. To know everything is going to be fine, that no matter what may come joy is still waiting on me in the morning!  That kind of security only comes from God!  And not from His hand, but from seeking His face. I love God, because He is for me. And it's just that simple. When no one else was on my side He was. When I was a teenager, going through a world of hurt. When I found out I had no father to claim as my own at the age of 5, God still took care of me. When I was doing everything in my power to help Satan work his plan for me, God still loved me enough not to throw me away.  That's love. And I'm going to do everything in my power to let God know I love Him right back! 

God Bless U

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, questions, and/or comments.