Wednesday, June 22, 2016

You Said It

Speak it and it shall be so. 
 Do you believe that?
  If you don't, you should. 
 
 
 
 
I know you have heard the saying " what you say is what you will have".  A lot of times people relate that to financial situations or hopes of getting what they want.  But really that goes for everything. Every aspect of our lives can be determined by what we say about it.  If you've followed my writings then you know one of my favorite things to encourage is "speak life".  I mention this over and over again for a reason.  We have to be careful, meaning take CARE regarding the things we say.  The bible tells us that out the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks (Luke 6:45).  In other words what we care about, what means the most to us, is what we talk about. 
 
Going further; not only what we speak is of importance, but also what we say about it. Negative people always produce negative situations. People who make a choice to speak positively, even in less favorable situations, have better outcomes. The things we say matter.  God is listening, He hears every word. More importantly he has read what your heart holds regarding that situation before you even open your mouth.  It's important to speak positive, to speak life.  I often think of the account of Ezekiel and how God demonstrated the power of words.  Of course there are other lessons in this passage of scripture, but let's focus on what effect speaking life (positivity) has.
 
The hand of the Lord was upon me, and He brought me out by the Spirit of the Lord and set me down in the middle of the valley; and it was full of bones.  He caused me to pass among them round about, and behold, there were very many on the surface of the valley; and lo, they were very dry.  He said to me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” And I answered, “O Lord God, You know.” Again He said to me, “Prophesy over these bones and say to them, ‘O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord. Thus says the Lord God to these bones, ‘Behold, I will cause breath to enter you that you may come to life.  I will put sinews on you, make flesh grow back on you, cover you with skin and put breath in you that you may come alive; and you will know that I am the Lord.’”
 So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold, a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to its bone.  And I looked, and behold, sinews were on them, and flesh grew and skin covered them; but there was no breath in them.  Then He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, ‘Thus says the Lord God, “Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they come to life.”’”  So I prophesied as He commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they came to life and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army.   (Ezekiel 37:1-10)

This passage of scripture has a lot of good teaching in it.  But again what we are focusing on is what God tells Ezekiel to do, and then what happens when he does it.  God told Ezekiel to prophesy.  He was basically telling him to speak to the bones and to speak breath.  God told Ezekiel to SPEAK LIFE!!!   Ezekiel did what he was told to do in the vision and as a result God would restore Israel.  This is the same thing for us today.  If we would prophesy, speak life to every aspect of our lives, then God will listen, restore,and bless.

I want to mention one more scripture to help you start to care more about what you say.  Mark 11:23 says, "For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith”.  So be encouraged to throw away the negativity.  Don't think your words don't have consequences.  Parents speak into your children's lives.  If you say mean things in the heat of the moment it matters.  If you've ever spitefully called your children lazy, stupid, dumb, ignorant, selfish, etc.  That matters.  If you've said those same things about yourself or others, it matters.  Those words don't just go away.  The pile up and become great big road blocks in your lives and the lives of those you spoke them about.

Being aware of the things we say can be one of the best things we can do for ourselves in this Christian walk.  For me, I've noticed how much better my outlook and attitude is throughout the day.  I encourage you to speak positivity, because what we speak we shall have.

~God Bless U




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, questions, and/or comments.