Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Don't Despise the Battle

🎶 🎶" Jesus loves me this I know, for the bible tells me so,
Little ones to Him belong, they are weak, but He is Strong"🎶 🎶
 
 
 
This is the first song I sung in the choir when I was a kid.  I was so happy to do it.  I had watched my grandmother sing and direct the choir for many years and now I was getting my turn.  Look out Anna Mae Bullock, here I come!  Needless to say my moment came and I was so scared, I froze up.  The whole church was looking at me and I couldn't say a word.  My grandmother calmly walked up to me and said "what does the first few words say", I said those very words back to her and she looked me in my eye and told me "we can't do it on our own, we're not strong enough, but Jesus can". One of my grandmother's favorite saying was that we were soldiers on the battlefield for the Lord, so I knew exactly what she was getting at. I nodded, and she stepped back in place.  The music started again and I started to sing.  No, stop... What I really mean is I sang!!!  I was so glad my granny gave me an extra run, cause I worked that song out! Just don't ask me to do it now. lol  It's one of my fondest memories I have of her and I.   
 
As I think about that now, I realize that something rose up in me that day.  That it was not only those dutiful words of my Grandmother, but that it was the Holy Spirit, the very strength of God.  The very hand of God that comes to strengthen all of us to do His Will.  As my Grandmother said we are soldiers on the battlefield. What I found out is that a soldier that performs well in battles, comes to be known as a warrior in times of war. Their name goes out into the land and a mighty man/woman of valor.  They are considered blessed and favored in their land.  That sounds like something God would do for His children. So I want to encourage you today not to despise the battles in your life, they come to fashion you into what God has called you to be. 
 
 
Not only that, but there are some things in our lives that we need to slay and utterly destroy.  We also need to know who we are and the power of God in us.  Ephesians 6:10-11 says, "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."   The Apostle Paul reminds us to wear our armour daily, so that we are not caught unprotected against the enemy and  so that we can take what is thrown at us.  We are warriors, so we must be disciplined and fierce as we go into battle.  Bad covenants are erased on the battlefield, possessions are taken back, homes are saved, and most importantly victories are won on the battlefield  Go with God, and conquer all that is yours!
 
 
~God Bless U

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, questions, and/or comments.