Tuesday, November 1, 2016

By Prayer and Fasting

I have been praying for God to move on my behalf for a few things. At times I can see them being removed, but then another situation may come up and I'm presented with the issue all over again.  I was thinking about my circumstances all over again this morning, and the Holy Spirit brought to my remembrance Matthew 17:21.

"Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting". Matthew 17:21
 
 
The disciples could not cast a spirit out of a man's son and they couldn't understand why.  Jesus talked to them about unbelief and faith, but then He let them know that there are some things that will only be removed by prayer and fasting. 
 
I believe this is the answer to those issues of life that seem to have a foothold on us.  The things that no matter how hard we try, we can't shake it, or it lingers, or it seems to come up over and over again. When we pray and fast we are garnering strength from the spirit realm to help us overcome spiritual and earthly obstacles. when you fast you put the flesh under subjection which then causes your spirit man to rise up and have direct communication into the spirit.  The bible tells us to worship in spirit and truth because God is spirit. So the flesh that usually separates us has to take a seat and we draw closer to our heavenly Father for direction, purpose, and care.  I believe when we pray and fast the whole heavenly hosts takes notice.  The enemy then has to back down, the troubling spirits flee from us and God stands glorified in our lives.
 
 
I know I went a little deep there, but there is so much deeper to go.  But, in the interest of not losing not one soul, let's put it like this:  prayer and fasting removes obstacles out of the way, it gives the believer clarity, hope, and the determination needed to overcome. Most importantly God moves mightily on your behalf! So I encourage you to pray and fast for the following areas:
  • closer to God
  • spiritual enlightenment
  • healing (physical, emotional, & spiritual)
  • knowledge and discernment
  • breakage of generational curses
  • removal of sin and iniquity
  • fruitful and productive ministries
  • strong and loving family life
  • financial security & prosperity
  • safety
  • etc. (anything that is on your heart)
 
I'm not telling you anything I don't know to be the truth.  God has moved in mighty ways, my thinking has been changed, and actual miracles have happen to ME as a result of praying and fasting.   You don't need to be in turmoil to fast, in fact it is better to go unto Him for nothing more than to be closer and to experience His love on a new level.  I pray this helps someone, I truly know what my next steps are as we go into November.  I will be praying for spiritual enlightenment, a deeper understanding, the healing of my family, physical healing for my husband and I, and financial relief.  If you would like to join me as I go forward in this season of praying and fasting, or if you would like for me to explain a bit more regarding the two, please feel free to leave me a message or email me and I will be sure to respond.
 
God Bless U

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, questions, and/or comments.